Taking place every four years, the INQUA Congress is the meeting for Quaternary science. After Nagoya in 2015, the XX. Congress will be held in Dublin from 25-31 July, 2019.
Please make sure to check the following palaeoseismology-related sessions, abstract deadline is 9 January!
- Earthquake geology and seismic hazards: From earthquake mapping of historical and prehistoric earthquakes to palaeoseismology. (Convenors: Ioannis Papanikolaou, Stéphane Baize, Christoph Grützner)
- Palaeoseismology of plate interiors under Pleistocene climate changes. (Klaus Reicherter, Petra Štěpančíková, Małgorzata Pisarska-Jamroży, Poster only)
- Development of soft-sediment deformation structures (SSDS) and differences between non-seismic and seismic structures. (Małgorzata Pisarska-Jamroży, Tom Van Loon, Barbara Woronko, Andreas Boerner, Poster only)
- Subduction zone palaeoseismology. (Emma Hocking. Ed Garrett, Jasper Moernaut)
Also interesting for the earthquake community:
- Sea-level changes from minutes to millennia. (Simon Engelhart, Fengling Yu, Alar Rosentau, Gösta Hoffmann, Poster only)
- The sedimentary record of tsunamis and storms. (Vanessa Heyvaert, Sue Dawson, Max Engel)
- River terraces as archives of Quateranry landscape development. (Martin Stokes, Pedro Cunha, Poster only)