The Tectonic Studies Group (TSG) will organise a field trip to Death Valley in April 2017. The trip will be of particular interest for those who wish to learn more about tectono-volcanic processes, tectono-sedimentary processes, and the Basin and Range/ San Andreas system.
The trip is being organised and delivered by Phil Benson & Derek Rust of the University of Portsmouth.
- Provisional dates: ~11 – 21 April 2017
- Cost: £500 pp. This covers accommodation (mostly in motels) and local transport (by minibus), but participants are responsible for arranging travel to LAX international airport, and for their own insurance/subsistence during the trip.
- Registration: initial deposit of £100 must be paid, non-refundable for those who attend the trip. Registration will close on 17 January 2017 (midnight, GMT). The final balance must then be paid by Friday 27th February.
- The fieldtrip is limited to approx. 16 places. We hope to get a mixture of PhD/ECRs and professional staff (academic, industry and beyond). While places won’t quite be allocated on a first-come-first-served, earlier registrations / applications will be considered more favourably. To avoid disappointment, we therefore recommend that you pay your registration fee sooner rather than later.
- TSG are offering a limited number of TSG bursaries for PhD/ECRs to the value of £400. The bursary does not cover the £100 deposit to register for the trip, but tops up the rest of the cost of the accommodation and transport on the trip.
For more information please see the fieldtrip webpage: http://tectonicstudiesgroup.org/forthcoming-fieldtripscalifornia-2017/