A Special Issue on continental strike-slip faults is planned in Mediterranean Geoscience Reviews, a new Springer journal: The 20th anniversary of the Eastern Marmara Earthquakes: Active tectonics of continental strike-slip faults
[…] continental strike-slip faults are complex structures on which the deformation is commonly distributed among a number of parallel to subparallel fault strands, making them in places significantly different in behaviour from their oceanic counterparts.
Thus, the goal of this issue is to publish a collection of high-quality papers on active tectonics of continental strike-slip faults around the globe using various disciplines, including but not limited to, tectonic geomorphology, paleoseismology, structural geology, crustal deformation, tectonic geodesy and seismology of continental strike-slip faults.
- Cengiz Yıldırım (Eurasia Institute of Earth Sciences; Istanbul Technical University); firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serdar Akyüz (Geological Engineering Dept.; Istanbul Technical University): email@example.com
- Cengiz Zabcı (Geological Engineering Dept.; Istanbul Technical University): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mustapha Meghraoui (EOST, U. de Strasbourg, France): email@example.com
- Semih Ergintav (Boğaziçi University, Turkey): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for providing tentative paper title: February 1, 2020*
- Deadline for submission of papers: June 1, 2020
- Review, revision and final acceptance: October 1, 2020
- The publication date of the special issue: January 15, 2021
*Please contact Cengiz Yıldırım (email@example.com) to submit the tentative manuscript title.