Annals of Geophysics, the former Annali di Geofisica, published its latest issue today, dedicated to the 2012 Northern Italy earthquakes: Vol 55, No 4 (2012): The Emilia (northern Italy) seismic sequence of May-June, 2012: preliminary data and results. On 20 May 2012 an earthquake with a magnitude of Mw6.1 hit Finale Emilia, on 29 May an Mw5.8 event followed. The earthquakes caused a number of fatalities and significant damage. Earthquake environmental effects were widely observed, too. In the current issue of Annals of Geophysics, 42 articles related to the earthquake series were published as fast-track letters. Some of them report on preliminary results only. All the articles are free (as always in AoG) and can be downloaded as PDFs.
I was especially interested in the following ones:
- Caputo, R., Iordanidou, K., Minarelli, L., Papathanassiou, G., Poli, M.E., Rapti-Caputo, D., Sboras, S., Stefani, M., Zanferrari, A. 2012. Geological evidence of pre-2012 seismic events, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. Annals of Geophysics, 55, 4, DOI: 10.4401/ag-6148.
- Di Manna, P., Guerrieri, L., Piccardi, L., Vittori, E., Castaldini, D., Berlusconi, A., Bonadeo, L., Comerci, V., Ferrario, F., Gambillara, R., Livio, F., Lucarini, M., Michetti, A. 2012. Ground effects induced by the 2012 seismic sequence in Emilia: implications for seismic hazard assessment in the Po Plain. Annals of Geophysics, 55, 4, DOI: 10.4401/ag-6143.
- Marcaccio, M., Martinelli, G. 2012. Effects on the groundwater levels of the May-June 2012 Emilia seismic sequence. Annals of Geophysics, 55, 4, DOI: 10.4401/ag-6139
- Meletti, C., D’Amico, V., Ameri, G., Rovida, A., Stucchi, M. 2012. Seismic hazard in the Po Plain and the 2012 Emilia earthquakes. Annals of Geophysics, 55, 4, DOI: 10.4401/ag-6158.
- Ninfo, A., Zizioli, D., Meisina, C., Castaldini, D., Zucca, F., Luzi, L., De Amicis, M. 2012. The survey and mapping of sand-boil landforms related to the Emilia 2012 earthquakes: preliminary results. Annals of Geophysics, 55, 4, DOI: 10.4401/ag-6114.
- Papathanassiou, G., Caputo, R., Rapti-Caputo, D. 2012. Liquefaction phenomena along the paleo-Reno River caused by the May 20, 2012, Emilia (northern Italy) earthquake. Annals of Geophysics, 55, 4, DOI: 10.4401/ag-6147.
For more info and pictures see also these posts:
- Mw6.1 earthquake rocks Northern Italy
- New data from the Northern Italy Mw6.1 earthquake (20 May 2012)
- Data sources for the Finale Emilia earthquake (Mw6.1)
- Finale Emilia earthquake: preliminary report on Earthquake Environmental Effects (EEEs)
- Paleoseismological trench at the Finale Emilia earthquake site
No comments yet.