Annals of Geophysics has just published a special issue on the devastating Amatrice Earthquake series in Central Italy: Vol 59, Fast Track 5 (2016): The Amatrice seismic sequence: preliminary data and results.
The special issue, edited by Marco Anzidei and Silvia Pondrelli, contains lots of field reports, first assessments, and plenty of primary data. Plus, it’s all OPEN ACCESS!
Table of Contents
- Coseismic effects of the 2016 Amatrice seismic sequence: first geological results. EMERGEO W.G.: S. Pucci, P.M. De Martini, R. Civico, R. Nappi, T. Ricci, F. Villani, C.A. Brunori, M. Caciagli, V. Sapia, F.R. Cinti, M. Moro, D. Di Naccio, S. Gori, E. Falcucci, R. Vallone, F. Mazzarini, S. Tarquini, P. Del Carlo, V. Kastelic, M. Carafa, R. De Ritis, G. Gaudiosi, R. Nave, G. Alessio, P. Burrato, A. Smedile, L. Alfonsi, P. Vannoli, M. Pignone, S. Pinzi, U. Fracassi, L. Pizzimenti, M.T. Mariucci, N. Pagliuca, A. Sciarra, R. Carluccio, I. Nicolosi, M. Chiappini, F. D’Ajello Caracciolo, G. Pezzo, A. Patera, R. Azzaro, D. Pantosti, P. Montone, M. Saroli, L. Lo Sardo, M. Lancia
- Minor shallow gravitational component on the Mt. Vettore surface ruptures related to MW 6, 2016 Amatrice earthquake. Matteo Albano, Michele Saroli, Marco Moro, Emanuela Falcucci, Stefano Gori, Salvatore Stramondo, Fabrizio Galadini, Salvatore Barba
- What is the impact of the August 24, 2016 Amatrice earthquake on the seismic hazard assessment in central Italy? Maura Murru, Matteo Taroni, Aybige Akinci, Giuseppe Falcone
- Preliminary analysis of radon time series before the Ml=6 Amatrice earthquake: possible implications for fluid migration. Valentina Cannelli, Antonio Piersanti, Elena Spagnuolo, Gianfranco Galli
- Active faults in the epicentral and mesoseismal Ml 6.0 24, 2016 Amatrice earthquake region, central Italy. Methodological and seismotectonic issues. Emanuela Falcucci, Stefano Gori, Fabrizio Galadini, Giandomenico Fubelli, Marco Moro, Michele Saroli
- Imaging the tectonic framework of the 24 August 2016, Amatrice (central Italy) earthquake sequence: new roles for old players? Lorenzo Bonini, Francesco Emanuele Maesano, Roberto Basili, Pierfrancesco Burrato, Michele Matteo Cosimo Carafa, Umberto Fracassi, Vanja Kastelic, Gabriele Tarabusi, Mara Monica Tiberti, Paola Vannoli, Gianluca Valensise
- Preliminary analysis of the accelerometric recordings of the August 24th, 2016 MW 6.0 Amatrice earthquake. Giovanni Lanzano, Lucia Luzi, Francesca Pacor, Rodolfo Puglia, Maria D’Amico, Chiara Felicetta, Emiliano Russo
- Preliminary macroseismic survey of the 2016 Amatrice seismic sequence. Mariano Angelo Zanini, Lorenzo Hofer, Flora Faleschini, Paolo Zampieri, Nicola Fabris, Carlo Pellegrino
- Contemporary stress field in the area of the 2016 Amatrice seismic sequence (central Italy). Maria Teresa Mariucci, Paola Montone
- The MCS intensity distribution of the devastating 24 August 2016 earthquake in central Italy (MW 6.2). P. Galli, E. Peronace, F. Bramerini, S. Castenetto, G. Naso, F. Cassone, F. Pallone
- New paleoseismic data across the Mt. Marine Fault between the 2016 Amatrice and 2009 L’Aquila seismic sequences (central Apennines). Marco Moro, Emanuela Falcucci, Stefano Gori, Michele Saroli, Fabrizio Galadini
- Spatial variation of the b-value observed for the periods preceding and following the 24 August 2016, Amatrice earthquake (ML 6.0) (Central Italy). Caterina Montuori, Maura Murru, Giuseppe Falcone
- The 24 August 2016 Amatrice earthquake: macroseismic survey in the damage area and EMS intensity assessment. QUEST W.G. :, Raffaele Azzaro, Andrea Tertulliani, Filippo Bernardini, Romano Camassi, Sergio Del Mese, Emanuela Ercolani, Laura Graziani, Mario Locati, Alessandra Maramai, Vera Pessina, Antonio Rossi, Andrea Rovida, Paola Albini, Luca Arcoraci, Michele Berardi, Christian Bignami, Beatriz Brizuela, Corrado Castellano, Viviana Castelli, Salvatore D’Amico, Vera D’Amico, Antonio Fodarella, Ilaria Leschiutta, Alessandro Piscini, Manuela Sbarra
- Regional macroseismic field and intensity residuals of the August 24, 2016, Mw=6.0 central Italy earthquake. Valerio De Rubeis, Paola Sbarra, Patrizia Tosi
The latest regular issue of AoG also has some interesting earthquake stuff:
- Tweeting after an earthquake: user localization and communication patterns during the 2012 Emilia seismic sequence. Francesca Comunello, Lorenza Parisi, Valentino Lauciani, Federica Magnoni, Emanuele Casarotti
- Statistical analysis of aftershock sequences related with two major Nepal earthquakes: April 25, 2015, MW 7.8, and May 12, 2015, Mw7.2. Prasanta Chingtham, Babita Sharma, Sumer Chopra, Pareshnath SinghaRoy
- Macroseismic intensity investigation of the November 2014, M=5.7, Vrancea (Romania) crustal earthquake. Angela Petruta Constantin, Iren Adelina Moldovan, Andreea Craiu, Mircea Radulian, Constantin Ionescu
No comments yet.