Continental strike-slip faults are complex structures on which the deformation is commonly distributed among a number of parallel to subparallel fault strands, making them in places significantly different in behaviour from their oceanic counterparts. Thus, the goal of this issue is to publish a collection of high-quality papers on active tectonics of continental strike-slip faults around the globe using various disciplines, including but not limited to, tectonic geomorphology, palaeoseismology, structural geology, crustal deformation, tectonic geodesy and seismology of continental strike-slip faults.
Submitting authors should select the “A special issue on the 20th anniversary of the Eastern Marmara Earthquakes: Active tectonics of continental strike-slip faults” on the dropdown menu of the Mediterranean Geoscience Reviews (https://www.springer.com/earth+sciences+and+geography/journal/42990) during the submission process. Manuscripts can be submitted on or before the deadline. All papers will be evaluated thoroughly through a single-blind peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (i. e. as soon as accepted) and will be listed directly one after the other on the special issue’s section at the journal’s website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submitting manuscripts are available on the journal’s “Instructions for Authors” page.
- Cengiz Yıldırım (Eurasia Institute of Earth Sciences; Istanbul Technical University); email@example.com
- Serdar Akyüz (Geological Engineering Dept.; Istanbul Technical University): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cengiz Zabcı (Geological Engineering Dept.; Istanbul Technical University): email@example.com
- Mustapha Meghraoui (EOST, U. de Strasbourg, France): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Semih Ergintav (Boğaziçi University, Turkey): email@example.com
- Submission of papers: September 30, 2020
- Review, revision and final acceptance: December 1, 2020
- Publication: March 1, 2021
Find more information in the flyer: