Here is my latest update on paleoseismology-related literature. Plenty of new hot stuff has been published, today we have: archaeoseismology & liquefaction in Corinth, incredibly good data from the Gorkha earthqukae (Nepal), an earthquake that deviated the Po River, paleotsunamis in Israel and Taiwan, notes about tsunami boulders, and tsunamis in Greece. Enjoy!
Minos–Minopoulos, D., Pavlopoulos, K., Apostolopoulos, G., Lekkas, E., & Dominey–Howes, D. (2015). Liquefaction features at an archaeological site: Investigations of past earthquake events at the Early Christian Basilica, Ancient Lechaion Harbour, Corinth, Greece. Tectonophysics.
- Avouac, J.-P., Meng, L., Wei, S., Wang, T., & Ampuero, J.-P. (2015). Lower edge of locked Main Himalayan Thrust unzipped by the 2015 Gorkha earthquake. Nature Geoscience.
- Galetzka, J., Melgar, D., Genrich, J. F. and many others, (2015). Slip pulse and resonance of Kathmandu basin during the 2015 Mw 7.8 Gorkha earthquake, Nepal imaged with geodesy. Science.
- Sirovich, L., & Pettenati, F. (2015). Source inversion of the 1570 Ferrara earthquake and definitive diversion of the Po River (Italy). Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth.
- Goodman-Tchernov, B. N., & Austin, J. A. (2015). Deterioration of Israel’s Caesarea Maritima’s ancient harbor linked to repeated tsunami events identified in geophysical mapping of offshore stratigraphy. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports, 3, 444-454.
- Ota, Y., Shyu, J.B.H., Wang, C.-C., Lee, H.C., Chung, L.-H., & Shen, C.-C. (2015). Coral boulders along the coast of the Lanyu Island, offshore southeastern Taiwan, as potential paleotsunami records. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences.
- Lau, A. A., Terry, J. P., Switzer, A. D., & Pile, J. (2015). Advantages of beachrock slabs for interpreting high-energy wave transport: Evidence from Ludao Island in south-eastern Taiwan. Geomorphology, 228, 263-274.
- Weiss, R., & Diplas, P. (2015). Untangling boulder dislodgement in storms and tsunamis: Is it possible with simple theories?. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 16(3), 890-898.
Fischer, P., Finkler, C., Röbke, B. R., Baika, K., Hadler, H., Willershäuser, T., … & Vött, A. (2015). Impact of Holocene tsunamis detected in lagoonal environments on Corfu (Ionian Islands, Greece): Geomorphological, sedimentary and microfaunal evidence. Quaternary International.