Witold pointed me to a new book on tsunamis that was published by Springer. It’s called Tsunami Events and Lessons Learned – Environmental and Societal Significance and it is edited by Y.A. Kontar, V. Santiago-Fandiño and T. Takahashi. The book contains 25 papers on the following topics:
- Tsunami modelling and numerical simulation
- Ecological impacts of tsunamis on coastal areas and reefs
- Tsunami deposits (fine grained and boulders)
- Cascading effects
- Early warning systems and evacuation issues
Unfortunately, only the introduction is free. The printed version is as much as 106.99 €.
- Kontar, Y.A., Santiago-Fandiño, V. & Takahashi, T. 2014. Tsunami Events and Lessons Learned – Environmental and Societal Significance. Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research 35, Springer Netherlands, Dordrecht, 467 p. doi:10.1007/978-94-007-7269-4.