We hope you had a great start into 2020. May the new year bring exciting projects, secure funding, safe travels, and positive reviews. Quite a number of interesting studies have been published in the last few weeks, this is the latest paper round-up. Enjoy reading!
- Gaudreau, É., Nissen, E. K., Bergman, E. A., Benz, H. M., Tan, F., & Karasözen, E. (2019). The August 2018 Kaktovik earthquakes: Active tectonics in northeastern Alaska revealed with InSAR and seismology. GRL.
- Hodge, M., Biggs, J., Fagereng, Å., Mdala, H., Wedmore, L., & Williams, J. (2019). Evidence from high resolution topography for multiple earthquakes on high slip‐to‐length fault scarps: the Bilila‐Mtakataka fault, Malawi. Tectonics.
- Davis, C., Coningham, R., Acharya, K. P., Kunwar, R. B., Forlin, P., Weise, K., … & Wilkinson, S. (2019). Identifying archaeological evidence of past earthquakes in a contemporary disaster scenario: case studies of damage, resilience and risk reduction from the 2015 Gorkha Earthquake and past seismic events within the Kathmandu Valley UNESCO World Heritage Property (Nepal). Journal of Seismology, 1-23.
- Reitman, N. G., Mueller, K. J., Tucker, G. E., Gold, R. D., Briggs, R. W., & Barnhart, K. R. (2019). Offset channels may not accurately record strike‐slip fault displacement: Evidence from landscape evolution models. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth.
- Brooks, G. R., & Adams, J. (2020). A review of evidence of glacially-induced faulting and seismic shaking in eastern Canada. Quaternary Science Reviews, 228, 106070.
- Brooks, G., & Pugin, A. (2019). Assessment of a seismo-neotectonic origin for the New Liskeard-Thornloe scarp, Timiskaming graben, northeastern Ontario. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences.
- Gómez-Novell, O., Chartier, T., García-Mayordomo, J., Ortuño, M., Masana, E., Insua-Arévalo, J. M., & Scotti, O. (2019). Modelling earthquake rupture rates in fault systems for seismic hazard assessment: The Eastern Betics Shear Zone. Engineering Geology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2019.105452
- Rousset, B., Fu, Y., Bartlow, N., & Bürgmann, R. Weeks‐long and years‐long slow slip and tectonic tremor episodes on the south‐central Alaska megathrust. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth.
- Wang, Y., Oskin, M. E., Zhang, H., Li, Y., Hu, X., & Lei, J. (2019). Deducing Crustal‐scale Reverse‐Fault Geometry and Slip Distribution from Folded River Terraces, Qilian Shan, China. Tectonics.
- Kang, W., Xu, X., Oskin, M. E., Yu, G., Luo, J., Chen, G., … & Wu, X. (2019). Characteristic slip distribution and earthquake recurrence along the eastern Altyn Tagh fault revealed by high-resolution topographic data. Geosphere.
- Shi, X., Tapponnier, P., Wang, T., Wei, S., Wang, Y., Wang, X., & Jiao, L. (2019). Triple junction kinematics accounts for the 2016 Mw 7.8 Kaikoura earthquake rupture complexity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Wu, C., Zheng, W., Zhang, Z., Jia, Q., & Yang, H. (2019). Large-earthquake rupturing and slipping behavior along the range-front Maidan fault in the southern Tian Shan, Northwestern China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 104193.
- Maleki-Asayesh, B., Zafarani, H., & Tatar, M. (2019). Coulomb stress changes and secondary stress triggering during the 2003 (Mw 6.6) Bam (Iran) earthquake. Tectonophysics, 228304.
- Hornsby, K. T., Streig, A. R., Bennett, S. E., Chang, J. C., & Mahan, S. (2019). Neotectonic and Paleoseismic Analysis of the Northwest Extent of Holocene Surface Deformation along the Meers Fault, Oklahoma. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America.
- García-Delgado, H., Villamizar-Escalante, N., & Bernet, M. (2019). Recent tectonic activity along the Bucaramanga Fault System (Chicamocha River Canyon, Eastern Cordillera of Colombia): a geomorphological approach. Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie, 62(3), 199-215.
- Moisieiev, D. A., Korzhenkov, A. M., Ovsyuchenko, A. N., & Larkov, A. S. (2019). Destructive Crimean Earthquake in the Second Half of the 15th Century. Seismic Instruments, 55(6), 661-675.
- Stahl, T. A., Niemi, N. A., Bunds, M. P., Andreini, J., & Wells, J. D. (2019). Paleoseismic patterns of Quaternary tectonic and magmatic surface deformation in the eastern Basin and Range, USA. Geosphere.
- Praet, N., Van Daele, M., Collart, T., Moernaut, J., Vandekerkhove, E., Kempf, P., Haeussler, P. J., & De Batist, M. (2020). Turbidite stratigraphy in proglacial lakes – deciphering trigger mechanisms using a statistical approach. Sedimentology.
- Naik, S. P., Mohanty, A., Porfido, S., Tuttle, M., Gwon, O., & Kim, Y. S. (2019). Intensity estimation for the 2001 Bhuj earthquake, India on ESI-07 scale and comparison with historical 16th June 1819 Allah Bund earthquake: a test of ESI-07 application for intraplate earthquakes. Quaternary International.
- Triantafyllou, I., Papadopoulos, G. A., & Lekkas, E. (2019). Impact on built and natural environment of the strong earthquakes of April 23, 1933, and July 20, 2017, in the southeast Aegean Sea, eastern Mediterranean. Natural Hazards, 1-25.
- Nagle-McNaughton, T., & Cox, R. (2020). Measuring Change Using Quantitative Differencing of Repeat Structure-From-Motion Photogrammetry: The Effect of Storms on Coastal Boulder Deposits. Remote Sensing, 12(1), 42.
- Depicker, A., Jacobs, L., Delvaux, D., Havenith, H. B., Mateso, J. C. M., Govers, G., & Dewitte, O. (2019). The added value of a regional landslide susceptibility assessment: The western branch of the East African Rift. Geomorphology, 106886.
- …and also don’t miss the SRL Special Issue on the 30 Nov. 2018 Anchorage earthquake: https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/srl/issue/91/1
No comments yet.