The new issue of Seismological Research Letters has been published now and it contains a lot of articles for those liking old earthquakes. Some topics might sound familiar to you when you attended the PATA days conference as the authors presented parts of their work.
I have selected a few papers that are especially interesting to the paleoseismology community. They are about the use of Google StreetView for assessing macroseismic damage (Hinzen, 2013), archeoseismology in the Levant (Alfonsi et al. 2013), Earthquake rotated objects caused by the Emilia Romana earthquake – a fascinating EAE! (Cucci and Tertoulliani, 2013), a strong historical earthquake in Italy that likely did not happen at all (Camassi and Castelli, 2013) and new data on historical earthquakes in the Himalayan (Rajendran et al, 2013). Also, I added a paper on archaeoseismological investigations in northern Sicily that was published recently in Quaternary International (Bottari et al, 2013). Spend the rainy autumn evenings with a good read!
- Cucci, L. and Tertoulliani, A. 2013. The Earthquake-Rotated Objects Induced by the 2012 Emilia (Northern Italy) Seismic Sequence – Relation with Seismological and Geomorphological Factors. SRL 84 (6), 973-981, doi:10.1785/0220130046.
- Hinzen, K.-G. 2013. Support of Macroseismic Documentation by Data from Google Street View. SRL 84 (6), 982-990 doi:10.1785/0220130019.
- Alfonsi, L., Cinti, F. R. and Ventura, G. 2013. The Kinematics of the 1033 A.D. Earthquake Revealed by the Damage at Hisham Palace (Jordan Valley, Dead Sea Transform Zone). SRL 84 (6), 997-1003, doi:10.1785/0220130060.
- Camassi, R. and Castelli, V. 2013. The Curious Case of the 1346 Earthquake Recorded Only by Very Young Chroniclers. SRL 84 (6), 1087-1097, doi:10.1785/0220130063.
- Rajendran, C. P., Rajendran, K., Sanwal, J. and Sandiford, M. 2013. Archeological and Historical Database on the Medieval Earthquakes of the Central Himalaya – Ambiguities and Inferences. SRL 84 (6), 1098-1108, doi:10.1785/0220130077.
- Bottari, C., Barbano, M. S., Pirrotta, C., Azzaro, R., Ristuccia, G. and Gueli, A. 2013. Archaeological evidence for a possible first century AD earthquake in the necropolis of Abakainon (NE Sicily). Quaternary International xxx (2013) 1-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2013.10.004.