The most important paleoseismology event of the year is just a few days ahead and we’re all excited to meet in sunny Italy. The 6th INQUA International Workshop on Active Tectonics Paleoseismology and Archaeoseismology will be held from 19-24 April 2015 in Pescina, Fucino Basin, Italy. The meeting will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the devastating 1915 Fucino earthquake. Make sure to check the final program which is now available for download at the meeting website: download here (PDF, 9 mb).
- Pre-Congress Field Trip
- Transfer Roma-Pescina
- Welcome, Opening Ceremony
- Commemoration of the 1915 Fucino earthquake
- Session Quaternary Geology
- Session Archaeoseismology
- Session Paleoseismology
- EPOS-EuroGeoSurveys Workshop
- Session Seismic and Tsunami Hazard
- INQUA Business meeting
- Post-Congress Field Trip: Fucino basin
- Transfer to Ovindoli
- Post-Congress Field Trip: L’Aquila basin
- Transfer to Rome
The poster session will take place daily in the coffee breaks and the posters will remain on display during the entire meeting, so there’s plenty of time to have a close look.
We will try to keep you updated during the meeting. Make sure to use #fucino15 when you tweet about the conference (thx to @MarcoMeschis for the suggestion!).
Many thanks to the team of organizers: We’re looking forward to seeing you in Fucino!