A Special Issue is now open for submissions in the journal Land. The topic is “Historical Data for Natural Hazard Risk Mitigation and Land Use Planning“. Deadline for manuscript submissions is 30 September 2022. Guest editors: Fabio Luino, Mariano Barriendos Vallvé, Emmanuel Garnier, Fabrizio Terenzio Gizzi, Ruediger Glaser, Christoph Gruetzner, Walter Palmieri, Sabina Porfido, Heather Sangster, and Laura Turconi.
In this Special Issue, original research articles and reviews are welcome. Research areas may include (but are not limited to) the following themes:
- Use of historical information in hazard and risk analysis
- Use of historical sources to assess and mitigate natural hazard risks to cultural heritage
- Land use planning and geo-risk assessment using historical data
- Analysis of the spatial–temporal distribution of extreme events
- Methodologies for data collection and management from documentary sources
- Geomorphological hazard and risk studies by historical sources
- Historical climatology and reconstruction of extreme weather events
- The analysis of natural hazards in data-poor regions.
Submission and further information: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/land/special_issues/historical_data_natural_hazard_risk_mitigation_land_use_planning