The deadline for the 3rd INQUA-IGCP567 workshop on Active Tectonics, Paleoseismology and Archeoseismology has been extended to 15 August 2012. The meeting will be held from 19-24 November in Morelia, Mexico, in remembrance of the devastating Acambay earthquake form 1912. Registration is between $60 and $250, an additional fieldtrip can be booked for $60. Here is the first circular for the workshop. Learn about the scientific program, the meeting program, costs and deadlines, the venue and organizers.
Download the flyer here (3 mb, pdf)!
- SF1: Fault Geomorphology and Dating
- SF2: Paleoseismology and Earthquake Environmental Effects
- SF3: Archaeoseismology and Earthquake Archaeological Effects
- SF4: Geological Record of Earthquakes
- SF5: Seismic Hazard: Applications, Engineering and Critical facilities
- SF6: Geological and Archaeological Records of Tsunamis and Tsunami Hazard
- SF7: Earthquakes, society and culture
- Abstracts submission: 15 August 2012
- Reduced price registration: 1 July 2012
- 18th November (Sunday): Arrival, Accommodation
- 19th November (Monday): Centenary commemoration of the Acambay Earthquake
- 20th November (Tuesday): Welcome, registration, opening ceremony, oral communications, invited conferences, poster session
- 21th November (Wednesday): Oral communications, invited conferences, poster session, Excursion: Archaeoseismology in Morelia city
- 22th November (Thursday): Oral communications, invited conferences, poster session, Excursion: Active faults in the Patzcuaro Lake
- 23th November (Friday): Departure
- Secretary: Contadora UMICH. Mireya Martínez (MEX)
- Edition Coordination: Raúl Pérez-López (IGME, Spain), firstname.lastname@example.org
Raúl Pérez López (IGME, SPAIN), Gerardo Suárez (UNAM, MEX), Ramón Zúñiga (UNAM, MEX), María Teresa Ramírez (UNAM, MEX), Arturo Oliveros (INAH, MEX), Jorge Luis Giner Robles (UAM, SPAIN), Gerardo Sánchez Díaz (UMSNH, MEX), José Luis Macías (UNAM, MEX), María del Sol Hernández (UNAM, MEX), Ioannis Papanikolaou (AUA, GRE), Christoph Grützner (RWTH Aachen, GER).
- Victor Hugo Garduño Monroy (Michoacan University, Mexico), email@example.com
- Miguel Ángel Rodríguez Pascua (Geological Survey of Spain, Spain),firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pablo G. Silva (Universidad de Salamanca, Spain), email@example.com
- Klaus Reicherter (RWTH Aachen University, Germany), firstname.lastname@example.org
Those participants interested in presenting a contribution should send an extended abstract with a maximum length of four pages using the template to here download.
Oral presentation and posters will be accepted. The author must indicate a preference in the type of presentation: oral or poster. The Organizing Committee will inform the first author of the type of presentation has been assigned, send to email@example.com