The 2018 SSA meeting was planned to take place in Puerto Rico in April as a joint meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission (LACSC) and the Seismological Society of America (SSA). After hurricane Maria hit the island earlier this year, the decision was made to move to Miami, FL and to run the meeting from 14-17 May, 2018.
A number of exciting sessions will deal with active tectonics and paleoseismology:
- The Next Big Earthquake: The Usual and the Unusual Suspects
- Environmental Seismology: Glaciers, Rivers, Landslides and Beyond
- Fault to Seismic Hazard Assessment (Fault2SHA) in Latin (Central and South) Americas
- Onshore Quaternary and Contemporary Tectonics: Implications for Seismic Hazard
- Present-day Plate Boundary Deformation and Seismic Hazard in the Caribbean
Abstracts can be submitted here:
Deadline for abstract submission is 24 January, 2018.