An interesting job is currently available at the Utah Geological Survey. They are looking for a project geologist (active tectonics/paleoseismology):
“This is a full-time, career service position, located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Replacing Chris DuRoss who resigned. Requisition #02264. CLOSES: 10/06/2014. ***THIS IS A PUBLIC RECRUITMENT*** To view and/or apply for this job announcement, go to http://statejobs.utah.gov/jobseeker/, click on Job Search, then Job Listings. If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please call the Human Resource Office at 801-538-7425.”
More interesting jobs that are currently avaliable:
- Assistant Professor in Computational Geophysics; University of Utrecht, Netherlands;
- PhD position at University of Barcelona, on Seismotectonics of Taiwan:
We have an opening for a Ph.D. student in seismotectonics of Taiwan within our newly funded project. The position description is broad, but we are looking for a person who is interested in structural geology (with a lot of field work in Taiwan) and its integration with various geophysical datasets, including seismic tomography, seismology, and potential field data. The position is for 4 years and will require completing a Masters degree. If the candidate already has a master degree, then they will enter directly into the Ph.D. program. Since the Spanish Research Council (CSIC) is not a teaching organisation, the Ph.D. will be through the Faculty of Geology at the University of Barcelona (some 10 meters from our building). The candidate must be fluent in English and be prepared for extended stays in Taiwan, since the position comes with the possibility to have stays of up to 3 months. At least one month of field work per year in Taiwan is also to be expected.Interested persons please contact Dr. Joaquina Alvarez-Marron (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Dennis Brown (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
- Full Professor/Associate Professor in Mineralogy/Petrology/
Geochemistry at the University of Tromsø, Norway;
- Assistant Professor: Geophysics at Colgate University, NY;
- Five PostDocs at the JAMSTEC Postdoctoral Fellow Programme;
- Full time lectureship in Geology, California State Univ.,Bakersfield, CA.; and
- 2 PhD positions in Brisbane: Finding Mountain Belts in Sands & Tectonic Evolution of the Southern Thomson Orogen.