Matthew’s WoGE #345 looked pretty much like an ocean shoreline, but it turned out to be Lake Khanka located at the border of Russia and China. This lake is very shallow but has a large area and it is famous for its biodiversity and strongly influenced by flood events. There have been plenty of beach-WoGEs lately, so I decided to take you to another environment.
- Find the location of the image below.
- Provide the coordinates in the comments.
- Describe the geological significance of the spot briefly.
- The first one to fulfill theses tasks is the winner.
- The honour of hosting the next WoGE on your blog.
- You might spend some time looking for the right spot instead of writing thesis, paper, proposal.
FJ is right – nine days without solving this is too long. Here are two hints:
- The next capital is 220 km away.
- The next picture is nine times as large.