Still looking for a cool conference to attend this summer? Why not travel to Kyrgyzstan for the 17th International Symposium on Geo-disaster Reduction from 19-23 August 2019, organized by our friend Hans-Balder Havenith with Liège University, the Kyrgyz Institute of Seismology and Institute of Geomechanics and Mining, and the International Consortium on Geo-disaster Reduction (ICGdR)? more
Posts in the category » « ( 39 Posts )
April 25, 2019 | in Events
Please make sure to check the following palaeoseismology-related sessions, abstract deadline is 9 January!
- Earthquake geology and seismic hazards: From earthquake mapping of historical and prehistoric earthquakes to palaeoseismology. (Convenors: Ioannis Papanikolaou, Stéphane Baize, Christoph Grützner)
- Palaeoseismology of plate interiors under Pleistocene climate changes. (Klaus Reicherter, Petra Štěpančíková, Małgorzata Pisarska-Jamroży, Poster only)
- Development of soft-sediment deformation structures (SSDS) and differences between non-seismic and seismic structures. (Małgorzata Pisarska-Jamroży, Tom Van Loon, Barbara Woronko, Andreas Boerner, Poster only)
- Subduction zone palaeoseismology. (Emma Hocking. Ed Garrett, Jasper Moernaut)
Also interesting for the earthquake community:
- Sea-level changes from minutes to millennia. (Simon Engelhart, Fengling Yu, Alar Rosentau, Gösta Hoffmann, Poster only)
- The sedimentary record of tsunamis and storms. (Vanessa Heyvaert, Sue Dawson, Max Engel)
- River terraces as archives of Quateranry landscape development. (Martin Stokes, Pedro Cunha, Poster only)
November 28, 2014 | in The Friday Links | 2 responses
A long year ago, the last Friday links were published, a section I always liked and waited for during food coma or processing times. Christoph managed to find intriguing bits and pieces from the digital world of geosciences week after week. And now it’s me (and maybe with a little help from my friends), trying not only to follow-up but also to keep you updated and to keep the geoblogosphere interconnected. What a task! I’m already loving it.
Dear friends and colleagues,
The 5th International INQUA Meeting on Paleoseismology, Active Tectonics and Archeoseismology (PATA Days) will take place in Busan, Korea from 21-27 September 2014. The official website is now online! Check the dates and register now! more
The deadline for the 3rd INQUA-IGCP567 workshop on Active Tectonics, Paleoseismology and Archeoseismology has been extended to 15 August 2012. The meeting will be held from 19-24 November in Morelia, Mexico, in remembrance of the devastating Acambay earthquake form 1912. Registration is between $60 and $250, an additional fieldtrip can be booked for $60. more
Angela Landgraf (Uni Potsdam), Simon Kübler (LMU Munich), Seth Stein (NW University, IL) and myself would like to draw your attention to our session about “Controls on Seismicity and Fault Rupture in Low-Strain Intraplate Regions” (T010) at the 2012 AGU Fall Meeting 2012 (3 – 7 Dec). We are looking for a variety of contributions from intraplate regions that have experienced earthquakes during Quaternary times and hope for good and interesting discussions with you during the meeting. The submission deadline is quite soon, at 8 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.
Looking forward to see many of you there – Angela, Simon, Seth and Esther more
June 29, 2012 | in The Friday Links | 3 responses
The early bird registration for the Acambay2012 workshop ends on 1 July. Until then, you pay max $190, later it will be up to $250. The 3rd INQUA-IGCP567 International Workshop on Active Tectonics, Paleoseismology and Archaeoseismology takes place in Morelia, Mexico, from 19 – 24 November 2012. It is held due to the 100th anniversary of the Acambay earthquake (1912). Check the workshop website for more information, this will be a great meeting, I am sure, so I will go there. more
3rd INQUA-IGCP 567 International Workshop on Active Tectonics, Paleoseismology and Archeoseismology, Morelia (Mexico), 18 – 24 November 2012
The 3rd INQUA-IGCP 567 International Workshop on Active Tectonics, Paleoseismology and Archeoseismology will be held in Morelia (Mexico) from 18 – 24 November 2012. The workshop is the continuation of the BaeloClaudia2009 and Corinth2011 events. We invite all scientists in the fields of earthquake geology, paleoseismology, archeoseismology, tsunami studies, earthquake engineering, seismic hazard assessment to participate in the workshop. We will try to provide travel grants from INQUA and IGCP for young scientists. See Acambay1912.org for detailled information, registration and abstract submission.
10th Symposium on Engineering Geology and the Environment, 15-17 August 2012, Villa Carlos Paz City, ArgentinaNovember 29, 2011 | in Events
The Asociación Argentina de Geología Aplicada a la Ingeniería (ASAGAI), Argentina National Group of the International Association for Engineering Geology and the Environment (IAEG), invite you to participate in the Symposium that will be held on August 15, 16 and 17, 2012 at Villa Carlos Paz City, Cordoba Province, Argentina.
Download the conference flyer here.
- Engineering geological mapping
- Work cases
- Contamination of natural resources
- Applied engineering geology education
- Geotechnical studies
- Environmental evaluation of plans, projects and works
- Environmental geology
- Water resources management
- Construction materials
- Land planning
- Geologic hazards
- Engineering-geological problems in works
- Recuperation of degraded lands