At the end of last year, NHESS published a Special Issue on marine and lake paleoseismology. The volume 154 is an outcome of the ESF meeting Submarine Paleoseismology: The Offshore Search of Large Holocene Earthquakes that was held in
Austria in September, 2010. Guest editors are D. Pantosti, E. Gràcia, G. Lamarche, and H. Nelson. The Special Issue is open access and contains 16 research papers on all kinds of research on paleoseismology offshore. Some of the papers have been published as early as 2012, but others came out few weeks ago.
- E. E. Gràcia, G. Lamarche, H. Nelson, and D. Pantosti: Preface: Marine and Lake Paleoseismology. Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 13, 3469-3478, 2013.
- M. Vacchi, A. Rovere, N. Zouros, and M. Firpo: Assessing enigmatic boulder deposits in NE Aegean Sea: importance of historical sources as tool to support hydrodynamic equations, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 1109-1118, 2012.
- F. Gerardi, A. Smedile, C. Pirrotta, M. S. Barbano, P. M. De Martini, S. Pinzi, A. M. Gueli, G. M. Ristuccia, G. Stella, and S. O. Troja: Geological record of tsunami inundations in Pantano Morghella (south-eastern Sicily) both from near and far-field sources, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 1185-1200, 2012.
- L. Drab, A. Hubert Ferrari, S. Schmidt, and P. Martinez: The earthquake sedimentary record in the western part of the Sea of Marmara, Turkey, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 1235-1254, 2012.
- A. Argnani, A. Armigliato, G. Pagnoni, F. Zaniboni, S. Tinti, and C. Bonazzi: Active tectonics along the submarine slope of south-eastern Sicily and the source of the 11 January 1693 earthquake and tsunami, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 1311-1319, 2012.
- C. Beck, J.-L. Reyss, F. Leclerc, E. Moreno, N. Feuillet, L. Barrier, F. Beauducel, G. Boudon, V. Clément, C. Deplus, N. Gallou, J.-F. Lebrun, A. Le Friant, A. Nercessian, M. Paterne, T. Pichot, and C. Vidal: Identification of deep subaqueous co-seismic scarps through specific coeval sedimentation in Lesser Antilles: implication for seismic hazard, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 1755-1767, 2012.
- R. M. Langridge, R. Basili, L. Basher, and A. P. Wells: Late Holocene landscape change history related to the Alpine Fault determined from drowned forests in Lake Poerua, Westland, New Zealand, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 2051-2064, 2012.
- H. Pouderoux, G. Lamarche, and J.-N. Proust: Building an 18 000-year-long paleo-earthquake record from detailed deep-sea turbidite characterisation in Poverty Bay, New Zealand, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 2077-2101, 2012.
- A. Cattaneo, N. Babonneau, G. Ratzov, G. Dan-Unterseh, K. Yelles, R. Bracène, B. Mercier de Lépinay, A. Boudiaf, and J. Déverchère: Searching for the seafloor signature of the 21 May 2003 Boumerdès earthquake offshore central Algeria, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 2159-2172, 2012.
- A. Polonia, L. Torelli, L. Gasperini, and P. Mussoni: Active faults and historical earthquakes in the Messina Straits area (Ionian Sea), Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 2311-2328, 2012.
- A. Smedile, P. M. De Martini, and D. Pantosti: Combining inland and offshore paleotsunamis evidence: the Augusta Bay (eastern Sicily, Italy) case study, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 2557-2567, 2012.
- H. Perea, E. Gràcia, P. Alfaro, R. Bartolomé, C. Lo Iacono, X. Moreno, E. Masana, and EVENT-SHELF Team: Quaternary active tectonic structures in the offshore Bajo Segura basin (SE Iberian Peninsula – Mediterranean Sea), Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 3151-3168, 2012.
- C. H. Nelson, J. Gutiérrez Pastor, C. Goldfinger, and C. Escutia: Great earthquakes along the Western United States continental margin: implications for hazards, stratigraphy and turbidite lithology, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 3191-3208, 2012.
- E. Gràcia, R. Bartolome, C. Lo Iacono, X. Moreno, D. Stich, J. J. Martínez-Diaz, G. Bozzano, S. Martínez-Loriente, H. Perea, S. Diez, E. Masana, J. J. Dañobeitia, O. Tello, J. L. Sanz, E. Carreño, and EVENT-SHELF Team: Acoustic and seismic imaging of the Adra Fault (NE Alboran Sea): in search of the source of the 1910 Adra earthquake, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 12, 3255-3267, 2012.
- J. R. Patton, C. Goldfinger, A. E. Morey, C. Romsos, B. Black, Y. Djadjadihardja, and Udrekh: Seismoturbidite record as preserved at core sites at the Cascadia and Sumatra–Andaman subduction zones, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 13, 833-867, 2013.
- C. Goldfinger, A. E. Morey, B. Black, J. Beeson, C. H. Nelson, and J. Patton: Spatially limited mud turbidites on the Cascadia margin: segmented earthquake ruptures?, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 13, 2109-2146, 2013.
- A. E. Morey, C. Goldfinger, C. E. Briles, D. G. Gavin, D. Colombaroli, and J. E. Kusler: Are great Cascadia earthquakes recorded in the sedimentary records from small forearc lakes?, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 13, 2441-2463, 2013.