Dear friends and colleagues,
the registration for the PATA-Days is now online at pata-days.org. We used the acronym now to avoid the long title (4th International INQUA Meeting on Paleoseismology, Active Tectonics and Archeoseismology, 9-15 October, Aachen, Germany) and to do a favour to our Spanish friends…
The deadline for registration and abstract submission is 15 July.
The first two days of the meeting will take place in Aachen. We will welcome you with an icebreaker party on 9 October and leave for an excursion to the Lower Rhine Embayment area on active faults and archeoseismology on 10 October. We ask you to book your own hotel in Aachen according to your travel plans and budget. I prepared a list with some recommendations at the end of this post.
The scientific session will take place from 11-13 October at the AKNZ in Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. The AKNZ is the German Academy for Crisis Management, Emergency Planning and Civil Protection. There will be a bus transfer to the AKNZ on 11 October and back on 13 October. We organized accommodation there in Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler.
The third part of the meeting will be held in Simmerath. The beautiful hotel “Paulushof” is located directly at the Rursee. It is the perfect location for fruitful discussions, project planning, hiking, relaxing or joining the excursion to Aachen (Archeoseismology and World Heritage site Aachen Cathedral) on 14 October.
If you still wonder if you should come to the PATA-days meeting, have a look what the meeting in Corinth2011 was like (I know, a problem with the sound…):
Accommodation in Aachen
- Aachen Youth Hostel (single room from 25.80 EUR)
- IBIS Aachen city (single room from 47 EUR)
- IBIS Hauptbahnhof (single room from 49 EUR)
- IBIS Marschiertor (single room from 66 EUR)
- Baccara (single room from 75 EUR)
- Aquis Grana (single room from 100 EUR)
- Domicil (Apartments, garden houses, studios – not cheap if you come alone, but good if you share an apartment or come with your family)
- Quellenhof (single room from 130 EUR)