The Annual Meeting of the SSA 2014 will be held in Anchorage from 30 April – 2 May. Of course this will be all about earthquake science, but make sure to check out these sessions with special relevance for paleoseismology:
- Geometric Complexities Along Strike-Slip Systems: New Insights on Seismic Hazards, Earthquake Behavior, and Fault System Evolution, chaired by Sean P. Bemis, Jeff Benowitz & Michele Cooke
- Recent Advances and Findings in Earthquake Geology and Paleoseismology, chaired by Scott Bennett & Christopher DuRoss
- Deciphering the Earthquake and Tsunami History of Subduction Zones, chaired by Marco Cisternas, Lisa Ely, Ed Garrett, Daniel Melnick, Alan Nelson & Robert Wesson
- What’s Shaking: New Insights from Quantitative Analysis of Macroseismic Data, chaired by Susan Hough & Gail Atkinson
- A Decade of Great Subduction Earthquakes – What Have We Learned From Their Ground-Motions?, chaired by Trevor Allen & Gail Atkinson
Note that abstract submission deadline is 10 January, 2014.
In 2015, the SSA will move from the snowy home of subduction back to sunny strike-slip California: 21 – 23 April, 2015, Pasadena, California.