The INQUA Early Career Researcher inter-congress meeting will take place from 2 – 6 December, 2013 at Wollongong University, Australia. The meeting will bring together young earth scientists with a research focus on the Quaternary, from grad students to PostDocs. Thematic workshops on scientific writing and Quaternary science will be held and you’ll have the chance to discuss with colleagues fromn all over the world. The application deadline for travel support is 15 September, abstract submission and registration should be made before 1 October. There will be a Special Issue in INQUA’s journal Quaternary International in support of this meeting. This is a unique chance for ECRs, so spread the word and submit articles!
If you want to submit an article to the Special Issue, please indicate so until 11 September. Ideal would be an earlier submission so that the reviewers comments can possibly be discussed during the workshops.
- Writing for publication
- Poster and presentation
- Quaternary dating techniques
- Palaeohydrology and modelling
- Speleothem palaeoclimate workshop
- Quaternary field and coring methods
- Quaternary geochemistry
- Quaternary geo-archaeology
- OxCal and Bayesian stats for 14C and OSL
For more information on the meeting and the Special Issue, check
- The INQUA ECR meeting website
- The registration page
- The meeting’s Facebook page with guidelines for authors and more details
- Check this word document with guidelines
If you are interested in the activities of the INQUA ECRs, make sure to follow
or write an e-mail to email@example.com.